Coast Mountain College (CMTN) invites applications for an Instructor in the Health Care Assistant program as outlined below. The appointment will commence April 12, 2021 and end October 1, 2021 for no less than 72% FTE (subject to minimum enrolment). Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor Scale.
Duties: Based in Smithers, Terrace, or Prince Rupert, the Instructor will be responsible for contributing to the academic success of students in the Health Care Assistant (HCA) program. This includes course preparation, teaching and guiding students, providing feedback, correction, encouragement, and direction in the program courses which may include theory, lab, and clinical as outlined below. The Instructor must be available Monday to Wednesday, 9am to 4pm (after statutory holidays Tuesday to Thursday).
Courses will be offered via hybrid or distance delivery (DL) format. Hybrid delivery incorporates broadcasting live lectures integrated with a learning management system. Although the program is based at one of our campuses, due to distance delivery, the instructor may be located anywhere in BC or must be willing to relocate to one of our campuses.
· HCAS 101: Health Care Assistant Introduction to Practice (30 instructional hours)
· HCAS 102: Health: Lifestyles & Choices (30 instructional hours)
· HCAS 103: Human Relations – Interpersonal Communication (50 instructional hours)
· HCAS 104: Health and Healing – Concepts for Practice (70 instructional hours)
· HCAS 105: Caring for Individuals (115 instructional hours)
· HCAS 106: Cognitive & Mental Challenges (60 instructional hours)
· HCAS 107: Lab (42 hours). Scheduled Monday to Friday