Comprehensive Class 1 Driver Training
Learn everything you need for a career as a professional driver. This course includes the air brakes endorsement, regular maintenance, safety procedures, and pre-trip inspection for a truck or tractor. You will also get 56 hours of driving experience. This program has a capacity of two students per offering in order to maximize the practical instruction time. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
No upcoming dates scheduled. Please contact your local campus to express interest or contact Contract Services to set up training for your organization.
- 19 years of age or older
- A full-privilege B.C. driver's licence (Class 5 or 6) or an out-of-province equivalent
- All fines and debts owing to ICBC must be paid
- Commercial Learner’s Licence (obtained at Service BC (ICBC) office)
- A medical exam report (from you GP)
- Airbrakes Endorsement course (included in the Class 1 course fee, but course taken at a different time. Once student is registered for Class 1 program, we will book you in an Airbrakes Endorsement course date)
Textbooks & supplies:
- Canadian Standard's Association (CSA) approved safety footwear (steel-toe boots)