Funds for the Bulkley Valley Community Award have been raised by CMTN Foundation fundraising activities in the region including the annual CMTN Fundraising Golf Tournament in Smithers. Thanks to the generous support of businesses and community members who sponsor and participate in these events, this award will help build capacity in the Bulkley Valley.
This award will be given as 1 x $800 to a full-time student; or, 2 x $400 to two part-time students.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Demonstrate financial need on the awards application
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (60% course load min)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on transcripts or 85% mark
- Be a Resident of BC and have a permanent address from a community located within the Bulkley Valley between and including Hazelton and Houston. (Preference will be given to students attending any credit-based program at the Smithers campus.)
- Include a letter with awards application describing how receiving this award will help your education.
General Award Application - Printable Version (PDF)