Explore an adventurous way of learning with Coast Mountain College field schools.
Field schools fill quickly and space is limited so we recommend you register in advance. Registration and deposit payment guarantees your place in the class. Full tuition fees are then due by the deadline to begin the course.
You must meet with the instructor to discuss the expectations of the field school. Visit the Field School program page to view the course prerequisites and instructor contact information.
- Phone 1.877.277.2288. Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- Drop in and register at your local campus. Pay with credit card, debit card, or cheque. Post-dated cheques are not acceptable.
- Students must produce a signed copy of the Permission of Field School Form at time of registration. A Permission of Instructor Form may also be required.
Sponsoring agencies and employers may fax an authorization to invoice for student registration. The authorization to invoice must be accompanied with the Permission of Field School Form.
A minimum number of students are required to run field schools. If that number is not reached, CMTN reserves the right to cancel a field school. Every attempt is made to notify you in advance. A full refund is processed automatically unless you notify us that you wish to register for another field school.
We do not call registered students to confirm that a field school is running. Students are ONLY contacted if the field school is cancelled. Check your registration statement carefully for course dates and times, and refer to this page for more info on fees, withdrawals and our refund policy.
Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis upon full receipt of tuition fees at the time of registration. If a field school is full, your name is placed on a waitlist. Those on the waitlist will be contacted and registration will be confirmed upon full receipt of applicable fees and the 20% field trip deposit. Should a space become available in a course (due to student withdrawals or another reason) the person whose name is first on the waitlist will be contacted. If that person cannot be reached the next person on the list will be contacted.
Fees, withdrawals & refunds
Full refunds are made only if a field school is cancelled by the College or if the student withdraws from a field school for a documented medical or bereavement reason before the start of the field school. Withdrawals and requests for refunds are administered as follows:
- 100% if CMTN cancels the field school
- A 20% deposit of the field trip fee and a $100 tuition deposit is due at registration. No refund of field trip fees if withdrawing 14 days or less prior to field trip start date.
- Fees MUST be paid in their entirety 2 weeks prior to field school start date
Field school activities, sites, and dates may be changed due to weather or other environmental occurrences beyond the control of CMTN. All efforts will be made to provide a comparable field school experience should any itinerary change be necessary.