Request an enrolment letter

Enrolment letters

An enrolment letter is a document that verifies your enrolment in the institution, your program of study, semester or term, beginning and end date of your program and what year of study you are currently in. 

Program extension

If your program is extended and your study permit will expire before the new expected end date, you will need an enrolment letter. 

To receive an enrolment letter, you must follow these steps at CMTN.

Meet with an Educational Advisor to create a new course plan. 

Contact your campus Educational Advisor by phone or email to schedule a meeting. 

You must request an enrolment letter from the Educational Advisor at this meeting (for study permit extension) and will need to bring the following information with you.

  • Your name and student number.
  • Your program name.
  • Scheduled break duration (information available upon request).

The new expected end date will be based on course planning at this meeting.

Your Advisor will then request the enrolment letter from our Admissions Department. You will be emailed a copy of your enrolment letter which takes up to seven working days from the day of your request. 

Note* If you are a student who needs support with the Study Permit Extension process, please connect with International Student Advising Office.

Enrolment letter for other purposes

Other purposes for an enrolment letter may include:

  • Proof of current enrolment
  • Government application processes
  • Employment purposes

If you need a letter due the above reasons, you may request a letter by emailing Be sure to include your student number, student name and program name. You may also request to include your scheduled break length on your enrolment letter (usually for employment purpose). 

Enrolment letter for financial support

If you are a domestic student looking to apply for financial aid please email the financial aid officer for more information.