Tax help

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has made important changes for students studying at post-secondary institutions. View the Government of Canada important update for all designated educational institutions in Canada.

SIN Numbers

As a student of Coast Mountain College you must provide your SIN number to the college in order to ensure accurate reporting to the CRA. The CRA has charged all post- secondary institutions across Canada to make reasonable efforts to obtain this information. If you have not done so already, please update your SIN information with enrollment services at your campus.  

T2202: Education Credit tax forms

What is a T2202 Form?

T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate) has replaced Forms T2202A for 2019 and subsequent years. It is an official statement for income tax purposes. It is issued to all students who paid income tax return. The form shows the amount of the tuition that can be deducted for income tax purposes as well as the number of months eligible for the education deduction. T2202's are available by the last day of February for the tuition and eligible fees paid in the preceding calendar year.

Tax receipts are issued for the calendar year for the dollar value of tuition for the courses taken between January and December of that year. For instance, if you made a tuition payment in December 2015 for a course that starts in January 2016, this payment amount would be included in the 2016 T2202 form.

For more information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.

How do I get my T2202 Certificate?

Your T2202 Tuition and Enrolment Certificate that you require for your Revenue Canada tax return will not be sent to you in the mail.

  • Download your T2202 from myCMTN

To access your T2202 look in the Student Menu under the Financial Information heading. For your current certificate, click on the View/Print My T2202 information link and select the tax year.

IMPORTANT! No T2202 certificate is produced if total eligible fees are less than $100 for the tax year. No T2202 certificate is produced for unpaid tuition or fees. T2202’s are not available for developmental programs.

Need help?

Please see demo below or give us a call.

 Office of the Registrar






Support Sarah Grielens Ext. 5282

myCMTN demo


Logging into myCMTN

  • Go to myCMTN and click myCMTN Login
  • For instructions on how to login for the first time follow the steps here.

What's my password?

If you do not remember your password you can:

  1. Click on the what’s my password link at the lower right-hand of the page to receive an email to reset your password. Please note that this required either your Student Number or Social Insurance Number (SIN).
  2. CMTN Registration staff can reset it for you if the password link does not help you

Resetting your password

If the password has been reset by staff at the students request or it’s a brand new account the system will force a password change.

Passwords must be 6 to 9 characters long and contain letters, numbers and symbols.


Once successfully logged in, student will click on Students in the blue menu:


Once you are in the students menu, under financial information, click on My Tax Information.

Tax help steps