Student safety & reporting

Coast Mountain College is proud of our safe and secure campus locations.

Learn about our student safety & reporting supports here including an Anonymous Disclosure form, Formal Complaint form and a list of relevant resources.

Steps for reporting sexual violence

First steps

If you require urgent assistance, go to a safe place and call 911 (Police, Ambulance, Fire).

Campus Security (Terrace only) can help you get to a safe place if needed. (Hours: 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Monday to Sunday; phone or text: 1.250.615.9894)

Consider seeking medical attention from a physician, local hospital, or clinic as soon as possible. If you are at the hospital or being treated for injuries resulting from a sexual assault, tell a medical professional that you wish to report the crime and the RCMP will be called. You can also choose to have a sexual assault forensic exam.

Note: Treatment is offered free of charge and a personal health number is not required. Hospital treatment can be received regardless of intent to file a police report.

Consider options for reporting (see below).

Anonymous Incident Disclosure

Disclosing an incident of sexualized violence or misconduct without filing a formal report with the College or external parties such as the police allows survivors to share an experience and have that experience acknowledged, without initiating an investigation.

A formal complaint or report can still be filed with the College at any time.


Formal Complaint

All formal complaints confidential but not anonymous. They are reviewed to determine whether Coast Mountain College will proceed with an investigation.

If a Complainant wishes to proceed with Formal Mediation or Formal Investigation, the Respondent must be made aware of the nature of the complaint, including the identity of the Complainant. 

Note: These forms are not to be used in an emergency or during events presenting an immediate threat to the health and safety of yourself or any College member.  If you require emergency assistance, please call 911.

Help is Available

If you or someone you know is a victim of sexual assault, help is available. For information, please see the sexual assault fact sheet provided by Victim Services and Crime Prevention (Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General). You can also call your local police or VictimLinkBC for information and support.


Safety & Security Accordion

  • Sexual violence

  • Incident reporting

  • Night Security​

  • E-Safety

  • Lock it up

  • ​ALERTUS safety app

  • ID cards

  • Emergency closures ​