Late in the afternoon on Friday March 11th, AEST provided further clarification regarding the BC Provincial Health Officer’s Public Health Order requiring masks to be worn in public indoor spaces until Friday March 11th. You can read more here.
The CMTN COVID-19 Working Group also met this morning to discuss B.C.’s dropping of the mask mandate. As such, Coast Mountain College will end the mask mandate as of noon today, March 14th, 2022. Please note:
- Masks are no longer mandatory in classrooms or in campus common areas.
- We ask that you keep the health of our Elders in mind, and ensure that you are vaccinated and masked before entering the Elders office.
- We recognize that the comfort levels of individuals will vary with respect to the lifting of these restrictions. Please continue to be kind and respectful.
- Employees are welcome to continue to wear a mask while on campus.
We urge all members of our community to receive their COVID-19 vaccine booster dose and we would also like to thank our students and staff for their ongoing commitment and support.
On March 10, 2022, the Provincial Health Officer announced changes to public health orders:
Lifting of BC’s indoor face coverings order:
- Given the high rate of vaccination in British Columbia, effective March 11, 2022, public health no longer requires face coverings in indoor public settings.
- Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to be respectful of individual choices concerning masks based on each person’s comfort.
Indoor common area mask requirements for employees as part of the Workplace Safety Order are no longer required.
Removal of proof of vaccination requirements:
- Effective April 8, 2022, proof of vaccination will no longer be required:
- To access events and services; and,
- For post-secondary student housing.
NOTE: Public health measures and restrictions may be reintroduced depending on the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share this update broadly within the college.