Coast Mountain College created a new strategic plan in 2017. The plan has three core values which will be integrated into the work you do:
- We explore and take risks to engage in learning
- Explore new ways to move courses into the field
- Love to help potential students explore new career journeys
- Seek to discover new ways to apply pedagogy to our teaching processes
- Seek unique ways to engage partners and non-traditional partners
- Don’t let geography or climate prevent us from making education accessible
- We enrich lives through learning.
- Include experiential learning in our program renewal
- Transform learning spaces to respond to an ever changing educational landscape
- Help others improve their lives, families and communities through education.
- Help others in the communities we serve, to seek new career opportunities to improve their lives.
- Award and recognize how distinguished alumni have transformed their lives
- Use mobile training units to take education to our communities
- Embed our schools in a cultural context.
- We are respectful, transparent and accountable.
- Do the right things when at times it might not be popular
- Communicate with clarity so everyone can understand our intent
- Are consistent and accountable in everything we do
- Communicate and discuss our plans through town hall meetings
- Stick to our course decisions
- Practice social, environmental, and financial sustainability