Through an endowment provided by the Province of British Columbia, the Irving K. Barber BC Scholarship Society awards scholarships of $1,000 to $3,500 to students from BC who demonstrate a combination of strong academic achievement and community involvement, along with clearly defined career and educational goals.
In delivering these scholarships, the Society hopes to encourage students who are intellectually curious and are interested in expanding their educational experiences while at the same time developing a globally literate citizenry and workforce for BC.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you…
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the scholarship is applied for;
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application;
- are enrolled full-time in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States;
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated from within the past 10 years;
- have not previously received a One World International Scholarship;
- plan to begin your international experience within 12 months of receiving the scholarship; and,
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work.
For more information about the One World Scholarship Program and how to apply, visit the Irving K. Barber website.
For a list of CMTN's international partner institutions, visit our Study Abroad page.