Coast Mountain College is pleased to offer Entrance Awards to new domestic and international students.
The CMTN Foundation is pleased to offer 12 Entrance Awards, valued at $2,500 each, to new domestic students.
For students beginning studies in Fall 2023:
Deadline to apply: February 15, 2023
Successful applicants will be notified by the end of April 2023. Award monies will be issued after the refund deadline of the fall 2023 term.
Eligibility and Application Criteria:
CMTN Foundation Entrance Awards are available to high school graduate students who register at Coast Mountain College in a full-time (60-100%) course-load in an academic or vocational certificate or diploma program beginning in the program year following high school graduation.
To apply, a student must submit:
- A General Award Application - Printable Version [PDF]
- An interim high school transcript
- A 1-page letter outlining their education and career goals.
For more information contact the CMTN Financial Aid Office at 250-635-6511, extension 5204, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be submitted to the Financial Aid Office or through any Enrolment Services desk.
Coast Mountain College is excited to offer 12 International Student Entrance Awards, valued at $5,000 each, to new International students from these specific regions:
Asia: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
Central/South America: Bahamas, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Peru
Middle East: Iran, Turkey, UAE
Africa: Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria
For students beginning studies in January 2023:
Deadline to apply: December 20, 2022
Award monies will be issued after the refund deadline of the subsequent enrolled academic term. Students who are funded by a government, ministry, or Global Affairs Scholarships are NOT eligible.
Eligibility and Application Criteria:
(1) Eligibility Part 1:
The student must:
- Provide a copy of their official CMTN acceptance letter
- Provide a copy of an approved study permit from IRCC
- Submit a video testimonial (refer to Step 2 under (3) Application Steps below for more information)
- Agree and be willing to commit and contribute to international-related marketing/promotional initiatives lead by the International Marketing Coordinator for 1 full academic year after the award is successfully granted
(2) Eligibility Part 2:
Upon adjudication of this award, the selected students must:
- Be registered in the subsequent term
- Pass all Fall term courses enrolled in
- Be physically studying in Canada in the first and second enrolled academic terms
- Have a Social Insurance Number to receive the funds
(3) Application Steps:
Step 1: Complete the ISEA Award Application - printable version [PDF]
Step 2: Submit a video testimonial
- The testimonial should be no more than 1 minutes in length
- Make sure to have good lighting (your face should be clearly seen) and your voice is clear and audible
- Video contents must include: a self-introduction, (who you are, where you're from, why you chose to study in Canada at Coast Mountain College), your current plan, (how this award will help you in your program/studies), and your future plan, (what do you plan to do after you complete your CMTN program). Tip: Write scripts of what you want to present on paper and practice before recording the video clip.
Step 3: Submit completed application form, video recording, and a copy of the documents noted in Eligibility Part 1. Email these documents and files to email@example.com by the deadline.
* Important: In the email subject title, please put "ISEA application - Accepted intake, full name, student number" Eg. ISEA Application - Winter 2023, John Smith, 71223
* Note: If a selected student does not meet any of the above criteria, the student will forego the award to the next student in line based on the adjudication committee's decision.
Learn more about how to register for classes.
Need support? Connect with an Educational Advisor.