Coast Mountain College (CMTN) is excited to offer 30 International Student Entrance Awards valued at $1,500 each to new International students enrolled at CMTN in select programs beginning in the fall 2021 semester.
Eligible programs include:
- Applied Coastal Ecology Diploma and Post-Degree Diploma
- University Credit (Prince Rupert and Terrace campuses)
- Early Childhood Care & Education
- Engineering Certificate
The deadline to apply is October 15, 2021.
The awards will be released in the 2022 winter semester after the refund deadline. Students who are funded by a government, ministry, or Global Affairs Scholarships are NOT eligible.
Eligibility and Application Criteria:
(1) Eligibility Part 1: The student must:
- Provide a copy of their official CMTN acceptance letter
- Provide a copy of an approved study permit from IRCC
- Submit a video testimonial (refer to *Video testimonial submission criteria for more info)
- Agree and be willing to commit and contribute to international-related marketing/promotional initiatives lead by the CMTN International Marketing Coordinator for 1 full academic year (winter 2022 through to winter 2023)
(2) Eligibility Part 2: Upon adjudication of this award, the selected students must:
- Be registered in the winter 2022 term
- Pass all fall 2021 term courses enrolled in
- Be physically studying in Canada by January 2022
- Have a Social Insurance Number to receive the funds
(3) Application Steps:
Step 1: Complete the International Student Entrance Award application - printable version [PDF]
Step 2: Submit a video testimonial
- The testimonial should be no more than 2 minutes in length
- Make sure to have good lighting (your face should be clearly seen) and your voice is clear and audible
- Video contents must include: (self-introduction) who you are, where you're from, why you chose to study in Canada at Coast Mountain College, (your current plan) how this award will help you in your program/studies, and (your future plan) what do you plan to do after you complete your CMTN program. (Tip: Write scripts of what you want to present on paper and practice a couple times before starting to record the video clip.)
Step 3: Submit completed application form, video recording, and a copy of the documents noted in Eligibility Part 1. Email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by the October 15, 2021 deadline.
* Important: In the email subject title, please put "ISEA application - Accepted intake, full name, student number" i.e. ISEA Application - Fall 2021, John Smith, 71223
* Note: If a selected student does not meet any of the above criteria, the student will forego the award to the next student in line based on the adjudication committee's decision.
Learn more about how to register for classes.
Need support? Connect with an Educational Advisor.