Coast Mountain College offers Entrance Awards to domestic and international students.
CMTN Foundation Entrance Awards, valued at $2,500 each, are available to domestic high school graduates in the Coast Mountain College region who completed grade 12 within the 2022-2023 or 2023-2024 academic years. Applicants must apply for admission into an academic or vocational certificate or diploma program at CMTN for the 2024-2025 program year. Applicants must be Canadian citizens and BC residents. Award monies will be released after the refund deadline upon confirmation of enrolment in a full-time (60-100%) course-load.
To apply for an Entrance Award, a student must submit the following:
- A high school transcript (interim for current students);
- A CMTN General Award Application - Printable Version [PDF];
- A one-page letter outlining education and career goals.
Deadline: March 30, 2024
Coast Mountain College is excited to offer 12 International Student Entrance Awards, valued at $5,000 each, to new International students from these specific regions:
Asia: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Central/South America: Bahamas, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Peru
Middle East: Iran, Turkey, UAE
Africa: Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria
Application Deadlines for students beginning studies in:
- Fall 2023: September 1, 2023 (deadline)
- Winter 2024: January 9, 2024 (deadline)
- Spring 2024: May 1, 2024 (deadline)
Award monies will be issued after the refund deadline of the subsequent enrolled academic term. Students who are funded by a government, ministry, or Global Affairs Scholarships are NOT eligible.
Eligibility and Application Criteria:
When the student applies, they must fulfill Eligibility Part 1. (Eligibility Part 2 will need to be fulfilled after applicants are selected by the award committee.)
(1) Eligibility Part 1:
When applying, the student must:
- Provide a copy of their official CMTN acceptance letter
- Provide a copy of an approved study permit from IRCC
- Submit a video testimonial (refer to Step 2 under Application Steps below for more information)
- Agree and be willing to commit and contribute to international-related marketing/promotional initiatives led by the International Marketing Coordinator for 1 full academic year after the award is successfully granted
The award committee will conduct a review process. An email notification will be sent to the selected student's email address.
*Note: Being selected at this stage does not guarantee the receipt of the award; the selected students must await the fulfillment of Eligibility Part 2 (listed below) to receive the award. The award will be granted in the subsequent academic term if the selected student(s) fulfill all of the criteria listed in Eligibility Part 2.
(2) Eligibility Part 2:
Upon adjudication of this award, the selected students must:
- Be registered in the subsequent academic term
- Pass all first term courses enrolled in
- Be physically studying in Canada in the first and second enrolled academic terms
- Have a Social Insurance Number to receive the funds
(3) Application Steps:
Step 1: Complete the ISEA Award Application - printable version [PDF]
Step 2: Submit a video testimonial
- The testimonial should be no more than 1 minutes in length
- Make sure to have good lighting (your face should be clearly seen) and your voice is clear and audible
- Video contents must include: a self-introduction, (who you are, where you're from, why you chose to study in Canada at Coast Mountain College), your current plan, (how this award will help you in your program/studies), and your future plan, (what do you plan to do after you complete your CMTN program). Tip: Write scripts of what you want to present on paper and practice before recording the video clip.
Step 3: Submit completed application form, video recording, and a copy of the documents noted in Eligibility Part 1. Email these documents and files to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
* Important: In the email subject title, please put "ISEA Application - Accepted Intake, Full Name, Student Number". For example: ISEA Application - Winter 2024, John Smith, 71223.
* Note: If a selected student does not meet any of the above criteria, the student will forego the award to the next student in line based on the committee's decision.
Learn more about how to register for classes.
Need support? Connect with an Educational Advisor.