IT Tralee International Transfer Agreement
Start at CMTN and complete your Professional Cook or ECCE degree at the Institute of Technology, Tralee
Coast Mountain College has partnered with IT Tralee to offer two admission pathways. Graduate with a degree and gain the rewarding experience of studying abroad while living in Ireland.
Campuses are located in Tralee, the capital of County Kerry, in the beautiful peninsular southwest region of Ireland. Learn more about this exciting region.
Complete your Professional Cook 3 (Red Seal) Apprenticeship training at CMTN and transfer to IT Tralee direct into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts. Graduate with a degree in as little as a year (two semesters).
Complete your two year Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Diploma at Coast Mountain College and transfer direct into the third year of the Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Care and Education at IT Tralee. Graduate with a degree in a year (two semesters).
Or, start your credential at CMTN and complete your remaining two years at IT Tralee. Complete one year towards the ECCE program to be eligible for a Certificate, which can be transferred direct into the second year Bachelor of Arts degree. Graduate with a degree in two years (four semesters).
Did you know?
The Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Care and Education also includes a work experience practicum placement. Visit the program webpage for details.
On successful completion of the BA in ECCE there is an additional option to further continue your studies. Graduates may progress to a fourth year to complete a BA (Honours) in ECCE for an additional year of training (two further semesters.)
In order to be guaranteed admission you must meet the following criteria:
- Apply direct to IT Tralee
- Submit transcripts demonstrating successful completion of a Professional Cook (Red Seal) Apprenticeship OR an ECCE Diploma OR an ECCE Certificate from Coast Mountain College.A minimum grade average of 60% is required for entry.
- Obtain a student visa and demonstrate proof of obtaining adequate medical insurance.
Additional requirements for ECCE
- As the first semester of year three is work experience-based, transferring students must identify their preferred area of work experience (working with pre-school children or working with early school years children) by June of their intended year of registration.
- Police clearance (Garda clearance) in the Republic of Ireland is necessary for registration in any stage of the program. Applications for clearance will be made on completion of registration with IT Tralee. Students should bring with them any evidence of police clearance already obtained in Canada.
Note that your complete duration of studies is dependent on your individual study plan. For more information, please discuss with an Educational Advisor.
Learn more about what it’s like to study in historic Ireland: